Solar energy that doesn’t block the view
A team of researchers at Michigan State University has developed a new type of solar concentrator that when placed over a window creates solar energy while allowing people to actually see through the window. It is called a transparent luminescent solar concentrator and can be used on buildings, cell phones and any other device that has a clear surface. And, according to Richard Lunt of MSU’s College of Engineering, the key word is “transparent.”
People with anxiety:
- Know the worry is irrational
- Want to calm down but can’t
- Hate the fact that breathing feels like you are trying to breathe rocks instead of air
- Feel like they are drowning and suffocating. Telling them to just take a breath and calm down doesnt help.
- Want to stop shaking but can’t control their limbs.
- Just plain feel horrible and embarrassed.
Now I kinda understand anxiety from my friends a little
i think the disney company somehow forgot that you can make a character attractive AND expressiveIN 2D ANIMATION, YES. CGI IS MUCH DIFFERENT AND MUCH HARDER TO FORM DIFFERENT EXPRESSIONS AND FACES OH MY GOD
Please, don’t undermine the skills of modelers, riggers, and animators.
And two fun facts:
•The Incredibles was the first PIXAR film to feature humans to the scale that they did and I think they pulled off expressions on ALL their characters pretty damn well.
•Jessica Rabbit was hand inked, hand painted, and hand airbrushed on celluloid and manually composited into each scene, but they didn’t sacrifice how expressive she was just because animation is hard.
In which Meg grinds people’s ignorance into dust under her shoe and it’s beautiful.